How to Become a Christian
Our main purpose as a church is to see people give their lives to Jesus and accept the free gift of eternal life through His death, burial and resurrection! This page explains how you can accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior and be forgiven for your sins.
First, we must acknowledge that we are sinners
- "For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God"- Romans 3:23
Next, we must understand that the consequence of our sins is separation from God and eternal punishment in a place called Hell
- "For the wages of sin is death..."- Romans 6:23a
However, God sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins and to make us right with God!
- "...but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"- Romans 6:23b
- "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"- Romans 5:8
God tells us in the Bible that if we confess our sins to Him and believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead, He will forgive our sins and give us eternal life!
- "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"- Romans 10:9
- "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"- Romans 10:13
If you are ready to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, pray the following prayer from your heart:
- "Lord, I admit that I am a sinner and that I need Your forgiveness for my sins. I believe that Jesus is Your one and only Son, and that He died on the cross and rose again to offer me forgiveness of my sins and eternal life. I confess my sins before You right now and ask Jesus to come into my heart and save me. Amen."
If you prayed this prayer or if you have any questions about how to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, please feel free to contact the church by phone or email. God bless you and we welcome the opportunity to serve you in any way that we can!